Sunday, July 10, 2011

GRADUATION DAY!

Our alarms were set for times beginning at 5 am if I remember correctly.  Our plan was to leave by 6 am to head over to base for the graduation.  I'm not sure Taylor slept much at all that night (which I believe had become the norm for quite a while!)  We got ready and headed over to Graduation.  Taylor had talked to her friend, Christy who said she was there at 6 am and was second in line and she was already in and waiting for the building to be open.  Thankfully we had run our test routes the day before and knew where we were going and made really good time (I had to put that in so your dad would not think that the test routes were  a waste of time!)  By the time we got there at 6:30 am the traffic was backed up for quite some way but it didn't take us long to get through the line.  We parked in the parking garage and headed in.  We were even able to get Brandi in with us right away!  We got into the building and began to look for your divisions section.  We took our seats and the wait began.  The time moved along somewhat quickly and before you knew it the ceremony was starting.  of course I was already taking pictures and made a friends with a picture guy in the crowd who had a camera with a really big zoom lens - I knew his pictures would be good!!  He gave me his card and I told him I'd be in touch to see about trading pictures with him!  Turns out he was there for his nephew and they were from Indianapolis!!  Small world!!

Graduation was awesome and very entertaining.  I, of course moved here and there to get where I needed to be to get the best picture!  I was trying to hold open about 3 extra spots so I could have plenty of room to move to different levels of the bleachers but I made the mistake of having to go to the bathroom and while I was gone your dad let people move into the seats . . . I know I can't be selfish and had to share but I really want those extra spaces BUT in the end it all turned out great since you were so near the front and so much taller than everyone else!!

When the divisions marched out it was awesome - the way you marched all the way around the entire facility - of course when you are taking pictures you get wrapped up behind the camera so I CANNOT wait to get my hands on the dvd and be able to watch it all again!  I was a little concerned when you were on the very back but then when you all did your march and rotated around to the opposite of where you originally were I was thrilled!!  You were in the perfect spot for great photos!! 

At the end of the ceremony when the called for Liberty my heart was racing and I headed down the bleachers keeping an eye on your whereabouts so I could make sure to get pictures!  I think mission accomplished as I ended up with a couple of pretty cool ones!  It sort of reminded me of when we all would storm the football fields your Junior year!! 

Graduation was done and we were on to more excitement for the day!!






More Graduation Day Photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment