Sunday, July 10, 2011

AND THEN THINGS GOT A LITTLE CRAZY . . .

Thought I'd better get this blog caught up since you are now out of graduated from bootcamp and I need to give you the link so you can see what has been going on! 

Back to 4th of July weekend!!  Not a lot went on that weekend - at this point things have gotten CRAZY at work and I've been very busy!!  Taylor was gone to Indy for a week then to Florida so we didn't see very much of you and honestly I can't remember at this point (sorry that is a 41 year old mind for you) what happened in between my last post and 4th of July - I did look back at my calendar and there were just a few things on there but they were things that wouldn't be of any interest to you so we fast forward to 4th of July weekend! 

Again, not alot went on that weekend.  I mostly worked around the house.  I knew that the next week would be a short one for me since we would be leaving out to head up for your graduation.  So, I was trying wrap things up at home and at work and that is what consumed the largest part of my time! 

But, on Sunday, July 3, there were a few get togethers.  Your dad was on evenings and had to work.  Sarah and Wes were having a few people over so I went to their house and Taylor joined me after a get together she went to with her mom.  We left Sarah's and ran to the Sanford's to watch fireworks with them at dark.  It had been rainy most of the late part of the day so we were not sure if they would be doing the fireworks or not but Mary texted me and said they were "on" so we hopped in the car and headed over there.  As usual, it was a good show!  I think we told you over the weekend that it was cute when we walked up with all the spectators lined up in their chairs to watch - you know a get together with the Sanfords is ALWAYS a crowd!!  As we watched the fire works we would get small things dropping on us from the sky but then bigger pieces of debris began to fall - Taylor looked behind us and everyone except for us and Grandpa Bill had moved further back in the yard - I believe her comment was something along the lines that we were the only silly ones still sitting up there or we didn't get the memo or something along those lines (again, sorry the 41 year old mind isn't as good as it once was!). 

We went back to Sarah's for a short bit - and then headed home.  Monday I went to work for a while to get a jump start on things - as I mentioned it was a very short week! 

Not a very eventful post and sorry, no pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment