Sunday, July 10, 2011

HEADING TO GRADUATION AND MEET AND GREET!

I guess let me start out with heading to Graduation . . . Taylor spent the night at our house Wednesday night so we could hit the road Thursday night.  Your dad and I were sleeping with alarm clocks set when we heard someone racing through the kitchen.  Your fiance (at the time) hopped up to go out to her car for something and was follwed by a very loud pack of labrador retrievers . . .so after that we were up and started getting ready to go! 

The trip went pretty smooth until we got right to Chicago . . . . except for the fact that we were waiting on a phone call from you and hadn't received it and were a little unnerved by that but the traffic through Chicago sort of took our minds off that (at least mine and Taylors!)  All I will say is your poor dad!!  I had already typed in my text messages to everyone announcing that we had gotten the call and you were now a solider.  Stephanie told me to delete them as that is probably why you hadn't called yet - I had jinxed it.  I didn't do as she told and you called just as we pulled in the hotel parking lot and I started sending out my text messages!! 

Your dad, Taylor and I went to a Meet and Greet that was held at one of the other Hotels.  It was sort of neat.  The neatest part (I thought anyway) was that they invited people to come up and talk about their SR.  I told your dad and Taylor that the needed to go up there.  Of course your dad wouldn't but eventually we talked Taylor into going up there . . . I swear I heard the man say that the person who got the most applause would get a shirt of something but I could have been mistaken BUT when your fiance announced that she was the crazy girl getting married tomorrow she got one heck of a lot of applause!! 

We stayed a short time longer and then headed back to our hotel.  You know me, Mrs. Organization, I had already told your dad that we needed to run test routes to figure out where we were headed, how long it would take, etc.  At first he said no but then when I threatened that Taylor and I would go on our own he broke down and took us!!   Before we left, when we were still home trying to figure out if the marriage thing was going to work and if we would have time, etc. I told Taylor we would just get there on Thursday and keep driving to the courthouse to see how quickly we could get there!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment