Monday, July 11, 2011

I AM SOOOOO GLAD THAT WORKED OUT!!

As you know, the plan was for a wedding on the day of graduation!  Taylor and I had been researching and researching and she was posting and corresponding with people on Facebook that gotten married on graduation day!  With the information that we had we thought that it was doable but knew we would have to rush you guys to the Clerk's office to get it done - little did we know. . . . .

As soon as graduation was over and you had gotten some of your things from your ship we hopped in the cars and headed to the Clerk's Office.  Well, where do I start?  I guess I don't need to itemize the happenings for you because you were there but I will go through a brief run down in case people who weren't there read this blog!

After passing through security (everyone made it through succesfully except your dad who got held up because of his belt).  We got to the Clerk's office for you all to complete the paperwork.  Your dad realized he had left his phone in the car and you had forgotten your jacket so I volunteered to go back to the car to get the stuff since I made it through security without having to empty pockets, etc.  Got to the parking garage and couldn't find the car - in all the rush I didn't pay one bit of attention to where we parked or how we got in the building.  After searching for the car for a while (even honking the horn using the remote didn't work - I could hear the car but couldn't find it) I gave up and went back inside to find that your dad had gone back out to find me.  We finally found one another and went to the car to get the items - coming back in was 3 trips through security for me and 2 for your dad!  You all got your paperwork done and we headed down to the lower level - more forms to complete then we were sent to an office that was closed for lunch so we took a lunch break!  Afer lunch we headed back to accomplish our mission!!  We were sent from that office to the Judge's Office and after multiple trips from the Judge's Office back down to the office in the lower level the judge was able to marry you two! 

I am so glad that it worked out for the two of you and we welcome Taylor to our family!  I hope the two of you have many, many years of happiness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment