Thursday, June 9, 2011

What, No Pictures????

First of all when I was getting off work Tuesday, Taylor had posted on Facebook that she was hungry for BW3s - she was looking for someone to go with her.  I had a hair appointment but I messaged her and told her I would go with her when I was done if she didn't get a better offer while I was having my hair done!  I messaged her when I got done and she was still looking for someone to go so I went to her apartment and picked her up (I had to be the DD for the 21 year old in case she decided she wanted a beer with her wings!)  I had not been there is a long time - it was yummy!  Your poor dad was at work again but I did bring home wings for him to have for a snack when he got off from work! 

Wednesday was our Frick Powell Otters Night. I was very worried about it - it was so hot during the day on Wednesday - I just knew we were all going to be miserable.  And, I was a little disappointed because it ended up falling on the same night that we have our Beer Night with our Sabic Friends.  Of course, I wanted to do both and I thought we had both worked out until I found out that the game started at 6:35 instead of 7:00.  So we had to skip out on Beer Night - we have to make it next month - we have missed the last two months and I am really starting to miss them! 

We had invited Bobby and Amanda along and they planned to join us.  I was chatting with Taylor and I knew her plans were to go to Silver Bell to meet Heath and Tela but those plans weren't until later so she decided to join us at the Otters Game for a while!  This was the day that we all got letters from you so we brought our letters to the game and we were all reading them!  Well all the family members, not all the Frick Powell people!!  So the plan was for everyone to meet at the ballfield at 6 pm. and we would figure out the rest there.   We stayed until about 9.  My personal goal was to leave by 8:30 but I went over to your Dad and Taylor after a little socializing and she was in the middle of a beer so we had to stay a little while longer. 

We finally got out of there right at 9 pm - I drove Taylor's car with her in it and your Dad drove our car - we were headed to the Silver Bell.  We ended up going some very curvy road off Highway 65 - the road that Taylor said she used to come out on when she would have to pick you up.  At one point your dad went over the white line of the right real quick - I said "Good Grief Taylor, how many beers did he have?"  She said he had had a few.  We made it safely to the Silver Bell - I asked your dad about the swerve (which is not uncommon for him to do) and he said he was just messing with us.  We were having a time of it ourselves - that road is very curvy - I was sober and was still have difficulty! 

We got to the Silver Bell - darts were over and there were not many people there but that did not stop us from staying until Midnight!  Taylor drank with Tela and they all played darts - yes I know, drunk girls throwing darts - it was sort of scary but no one ended up stabbed with a dart!  It was a nice evening!

We left there and headed home - Taylor was going to stay at our house.  We wanted to get her car out so if she decided she needed to leave before someone could take her she could head on out!  She ended up spending most of the day at the house - and luckily she was still out when you called so your dad got to talk to you!  You made their day - they were both so excited.  Taylor had already said it was like Christmas the day before and then getting a phone call the next day - she was on cloud nine.  She had told me a few days earlier that she had a dream that she was at our house and that she was upstairs and her phone was downstairs.  She said she heard it ring and ran down to get it.  She said she missed the call and it had been you.  She said she even checked her phone when she woke up to see if she had actually missed your call!  I told her tonight that it was so strange - she dreamt that she was at our house when you called and she actually was.  I told her that if she had had any dreams recently about winning lottery numbers that she may want to go buy a ticket! 

So to explain the heading of this post - no pictures from dinner at BW3s that wouldn't be too unusual, most people don't just take their camera to dinner BUT I forgot to take it to the Otters Game and didn't have it for the Silver Bell - I was so sad . . . so sorry, I will have to make up for it tomorrow night when we take Taylor out to celebrate her birthday - I will take bunches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment