Sunday, June 19, 2011

Time To Catch Up For The Last Week!!!

Well, let me think back . . . on Monday Mom, Sam and Sue came out - we were working on a "project" for the cake for Tony's 30th Birthday Party coming up on Saturday.  Well our project didn't quite work out how we wanted it to! 

So I'm sitting her discussing your dad and we can't remember what we did Tuesday so it must have been uneventful!  Wednesday we mowed the yard.  Thursday we went out to eat at Outback with Doug, Tessa and Dave.  Tessa's birthday was on Tuesday so we went to eat on Thursday to celebrate that!  Tess and I were up for a movie but Doug was tired and your Dad was tired (he had a rough set of midnights - worked over like everyone of them but one!) so we didn't make it for the movie. 

Friday I had taken the day off to work in the yard.  We got the mowing, weed eating and all the weeding of the flower beds done (which was quite an undertaking!).  We decided to treat ourselves to The Feedmill for supper. 

Saturday your dad started day shift.  We had Tony's birthday party in Oakland City.  I had worked on the cake through out the week and spent some of Saturday morning finishing it up.  It was a beer cooler cake - the project we had worked on earlier in the week was the "ice" for the cooler.  It ended up working out ok - I made rock candy for it (which is what we had done on Monday) but I went about it a little different way.  

The party was fun.  Sam and Tony had smoked a bunch of chicken, pork and ribs - it was all yummy!!  We played cornhole for a while - this is only about the 5th time I had played but I didn't do too bad - your dad on the other hand has been on fire here lately when he plays - he is really pretty good! 

This morning started off early - a rumble of thunder at about 4:30 am woke your dad - not long after that your Grandpa Wagner was calling (I guess just to check on us).  Your dad was on the phone with him for quite a while and closer to 5:00 am my dad called to make sure we had storms headed our way.  I think they were just calling early to get their Happy Father's Day Wishes early!! 

Your dad worked again today and I worked at home cleaning, organizing and washing my car and cleaning it out inside - it had been a while since I cleaned it and it really needed it.  Your dad got home changed and headed right out - the boys had texted him about playing ball.  While he was gone I hit the elliptical and then started grilling supper.  Now we are sitting here relaxing a little - your dad is writing you a letter and I'm catching up this blog, uploading pics for my letter this week, etc. and that is pretty much all that happened this week!  

A funny thing I should add I guess Evie has found a softball that she is carrying around when she is outside.  We came in today for me to check my phone and I took it away from her at the door as she came in the house - I put it in a tote that is on the bench by the back door.  When we went back out she hopped right up there and got it - she is so silly!  

Well, I guess that is about it for now!  Time is moving right along here - I hope it is there too!!    




No comments:

Post a Comment