Thursday, June 2, 2011

Was Sunday Really My Last Post?????

I cannot believe how quickly this week is going.  Let me think back about what has happened this week since it has been several days since I have posted. 

Monday was Memorial Day, we had sort of a "lazy" morning.  We left the house about 11:30 to head to Poseyville to put flowers on Grandpa Wagner's grave - after that we were headed to McCutchanville for a Memorial Day get together when your dad realized we had put the flag out so we went back home, put the flag out and then headed to McCutchanville.  On the way to McCutchanville we stopped off at the cemetary in Evansville and put flowers on Your Grandma Baker, Grandpa Sanford, Jeff, my Grandmother and my Uncle Eddies graves.    It was a nice day - it was pretty warm but there was a breeze so it wasn't too bad.  Taylor joined us about 3 pm.  We stayed for another couple of hours and then left to head to Lowes to get some plants.  We had gotten the landscape bed put in in front of the garage ready for planting on Saturday so now we needed some plants to put in it!  We got home around 7:30 pm and began to put down landscape plastic and plant plants.  We had purchased two trees at Lowes the day before (a dogwood and a flowering cherry).  Your dad planted the dogwood on Saturday but the flowering cherry still needed to be planted.  we decided it would be planted off the corner of the back garage so we went ahead and began to prepare that landscape bed as well. 

On Tuesday your dad and Grandpa went and got mulch for the new beds.  He also purchased some knock out roses and a blackberry bush!  We got everything planted and mulched - if we keep up with this progress you will not recognize the yard when you make a trip home! 

Tonight (actually last night at his point) Taylor came out to hang out with me while I worked on some baking.  Well the plan was to work on the baking but we instead ended up looking through bunches of pictures and watching some of the football highlight videos!  Then we talked and talked about this and that!  We even studied the Quick Drink Recipe Chart from off the refrigerator in the garage to be prepared for her big birthday outings this coming week!!  It was a nice visit!  I even sent her home with some pictures of you!  She said she doesn't have many and I had a lot so I shared some of them!!  I was trying to find the cd of your radio interview but wasn't able to find it tonight - I am fairly sure it is on my computer at work.  I wanted to give her a copy so she would have your voice - although it would be a younger Josh voice!!  I will get it to her - being able to hear you may help - that was my "plan" with the pictures and football videos - I thought and thought about it - I didn't want to make her sad I wanted to try to help her not miss you so much if that is possible at all!!  She even got to see you with a pretty much shaved head from your football videos!

I mailed off two letters to you today - one from me and a second one from your dad.  I know Taylor is anxiously awaiting a letter from you! 

As always, I hope everything is going great and that the days are flying by for you!


More Memorial Day Pics!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment