Sunday, May 29, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

So it is Memorial Day Weekend and we have bunches of stuff going on . . . last night I went to my sister, Katelyn's graduation at Mt. Vernon.  After the graduation I met your dad in town to get a birthday present for a birthday party today. 

This morning we took Daisey to the vet for a follow-up and to get her shots.  She did really good!  She got to go to Rural King with us, got a cheeseburger from McDonalds and got to go to Lowes!  She had a little "accident" in Rural King - I told her she was going to get all dogs banned from going there! 

We had a First Birthday Party for Doug and Tessa's Niece, Daphne.  She loved all her presents - she would squeal every time she opened one.  Doug and Tessa were going to be camping in Alan and Karen's yard so we told them we would be back later.  Mom and the Fifers were camping and we were going to visit them at the campground for dinner.  Our original plan was to take Daisey along to the campground but her outing from the morning had worn her out so we decided we would take Belle with us.  Your dad could not get Belle to come out of the pen so Evie got her chance!  She did really good and had fun.  She got worn out too because she slept in the back of the car on the way home from New Harmony!  We visited, had dinner, the boys played cornhole and then we walked over to a little concert they were having in the park.  We left about 10 pm and I texted the Donners to see if they were still up or if they were asleep and they said they were up sitting by the fire and to come on over!  Then they texted and asked us to bring Bud Lite - at 10 pm in Wadesville we were not sure where we would get a case of bud light - we ended up getting it at DT's so they were set for the night and the next day!  We sat by the fire with them for a couple of hours and then headed home. 

This morning we got up to get the paddle boat ready for the Sengs to borrow.  Logan's graduation party is today and they asked to borrow the paddle boat.  We got it cleaned up and working and drove it over to them.  We came back home and started doing a little yard work (with this being such a busy weekend it is apparent that we are not going to get all the things done that we had hoped to accomplish!  But we did manage to get a tree planted (your dad did that on his own while I was getting ready to go Sarah and Wes' for a get together) and before that we finished up the flowerbed (at least got the stones stacked, filled with dirt, now ready for plants!) 

I then headed to Sarah and Wes' for a get together - your dad was going to play ball with the guys and then come in later.  A few days ago, I had messaged Taylor about coming to Sarah's and she joined us there.  It was a great get together!  Electric Lemonade of course, cornhole (Taylor and I played as a team - I didn't do great but she did really good - she said it was her first time to play and she did great!).  We discussed her 21st Birthday - I think Tessa, Sarah and I and some of the girls are going to take her out!   We talked a little about that and have set a tentative date!  Once your dad got in he and Travis (a friend of Blair's) were corn hole partners - they were playing great and beating everyone!!  I think they won every game but one!!  We followed Taylor home to make sure she made it ok.  We are now home and I'm catching up on this - I didn't want too many days to pass or I wouldn't remember what I needed to write!!  But now it is very late and we have another busy day ahead of us so I guess I'd better call it a night!!   I took quite a few pictures yesterday and today - I will post some of those  tomorrow night!! 

We are counting down the days and can't wait to see you!!  I hope everything is going great for you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment