Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday, May 20 and Saturday, May 21

Your phone, clothes, etc. arrived yesterday, your dad said everything survived the trip home! 

Yesterday was a sad day - I got a call from Garland at a little past 5 that Rhoda, our bookkeeper at work passed away.  I am pretty sure that you had probably met her before.  She had been battling breast cancer for many years.  She was a very nice lady that will be missed by a bunch of people!  I had just gotten an email earlier in the day asking if I would make a cake for a team participating in the Vanderburgh County Relay for Life.  Of course, I agreed!  I told them that although I wasn't baking except for family and close friends I would be happy to help them out!  I also offered to make them some cupcakes so they can sell them out of their campsite to help raise money for their team!  I'm glad to be able to help in a small way (although I'm brainstorming about how to be able to help in a much bigger way next year!)  You know me . . . .

Yesterday I came home after work and your dad and I headed to town for dinner and a concert at Stoney's with Bob & Sherry, Bill & Karen and Virgil & Sharon.  The dinner was good (as always), the concert was ok, but the visiting with friends was great!  I did not ride the bull this time - I was thinking about it but I had on flip flops and I wasn't sure that would work well!! 

Today has been sort of laid back, I've cleaned a little, done some laundry, planted some flowers in the planter box on the mailbox and have worked on some stuff for E'ville Iron.  The only time I have left the house was to run up to the concrete store.  Mom has put in a memory garden in her back yard in memory of Grandmother.  For mother's day we got her a concrete bench that says "In Memory Of Mom" and we got an angel to sit on it - it is really nice!  Once we get it in her garden tomorrow (if she and I can get it out of th car!!!) I will take a picture and put it in tomorrow's post! 

Your dad had to work over today but should be here any time.  Belle just walked over to me - I guess they need to go out!!  Headed out with them until your dad gets here!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment