Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wow, where has this week gone??

I don't know where this week has gone, I've gotten a little behind on my posting . . . I hope your week has gone by quickly too.  Since I haven't posted since Sunday and since I am old I will have to try to remember what has happened this week so far!! 

Monday started out very sad, we had the memorial service for Rhoda, it was standing room only, I knew it would be, she was loved by so many people.  I hope the sad Mondays don't keep up, this has been two in a row now and I'd rather not continue on that way!  You leaving last Monday and then Rhoda's Memorial Service this Monday.  

Monday night was Girl's Night Out with my E'ville Iron girlfriends.  I got an email from Karen Monday morning saying that she would not be able to make it to our get together because her husband, Bill, was in the hospital.  If you will recall from Sunday's post I had gone to KartWorld with E'ville Iron.  Bill had a go-kart crash which apparently compressed some of his vertabrae.  They waited most of the day for the doctor to come in, the two options were surgery or some injection but turns out I found out that they decided to try to let it heal on its own with a brace.  I hope that it works and it heals quickly as he is in pain.  We went ahead with Girl's Night Out and had a nice evening - we always do!  It is so nice to have a group of friends as great as I have to get together with and spend time with! 

Your dad worked over on Monday so I beat him home.  When I got home I discovered that your letter had come.  I patiently waited for your dad to get home - I did not open it and I did not let anyone know it had come.  When your dad got here he opened it and then shared the info with Taylor and your mom.  We have also made copies of it and given them both a copy. 

Tuesday brought lawn mowing - your dad mowed all the areas I can't mow then I mowed the rest while he used the weed eater.  We finished up the evening with pizza for supper and I decorated a cake and some cupcakes for lady that your dad works with that is retiring. 

Wednesday night (now last night at the time I am finally sitting down to catch this up) brought Amanda and Taylor coming out for dinner.  Bobby had to work and wasn't able to join us but I did send him a plate because Amanda said he hated it that he wasn't able to come along.  There was threat of storms tonight but the girls decided to go ahead and come out anyway.  We had salmon patties and crab cakes - neither of the girls had had crab cakes before, I'm not sure they liked them but they did try them.  We started watching the movie Unstoppable while we ate.  Part way through the movie the weather started getting bad so we moved from the bonus room down to the living room.  It wasn't long and we lost power.  I called Vectren and got a message that they had evacuated their building . . .what the heck??  We had quite a bit of rain and some wind but all in all it wasn't too bad in Wadesville.  I have read on Facebook about damage in places so not all areas were so lucky.  Your dad had rearranged the back garage when the girls got here so we could get their cars in so they did not get hailed on.  I laughed and told them that we had gotten their cars in to keep them from getting hailed on and now I hoped the garage didn't get blown down on their cars!  I said I could just imagine that conversation with Dora - I could hear her asking . . .how many cars did you have in that garage??  The power was off for a bit but then came back on - it was on for about one-half hour then went back off.  It wasn't long and it came back on and stayed.  When it did come back on we turned the movie back on to finish it up - it was another good movie that you may want to catch when you have a chance.  While the lights were off we killed time smelling Scentsy Scents!  It was a nice evening - in fact, Taylor just left not long ago - we were busy chatting about this and that and watching some crazy things on the Jay Leno Show and whatever the show is that comes on after that.  I'm just waiting for her to let me know that she has made it home then I will head to bed!  Your dad has been in bed for a while now as he has to go in early. 

Hope you are doing great!  Taylor said she mailed a letter off to you today.  Your dad plans to write one soon - I bet he will work on it tonight while I decorate another cake that he got me into doing for him for work!!  I will get one off to you soon too but you know mine will be typed, not written!! 

Just heard from Taylor - she is home safely (although they are without power . . .) so I am turning in for the night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment